The Rules of the Royal Opera House Golden Draw
- The Royal Opera House Grand Draw Golden Draw (“the raffle”) will be operated by Sterling Lotteries (the Promoter) as a Society Lottery under the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”) and is licensed by The Gambling Commission.
- The Raffle is promoted by the Promoter and conducted for the benefit of the Royal Opera House.
- The person responsible for the promotion of the raffle is Sacha Glasgow-Smith.
- By entering the Raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
“Act” The Gambling Act 2005
“Raffle” The Royal Opera House Golden Draw
“Draw” The process by which winners are selected
“Member” An individual who has entered into the raffle
“Rules” The rules of the Royal Opera House Golden Draw as set out below and amended from time to time
“Ticket” The entry into the raffle
2.1 Entry into the Royal Opera House Golden Draw
The Raffle is promoted in accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”) throughout Great Britain. In order to comply with the Act, during the purchase of raffle tickets you will be required to confirm that
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You will not buy or claim to buy raffle tickets on behalf of any other person
2.2 If, upon winning any prize in the raffle, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 2.1 (a) and (b) above then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
2.3 In order to comply with the Act raffle tickets that have been purchased and entered into the draw for which they were intended are prohibited from being subsequently refunded.
2.4 By entering into the raffle you agree to be bound by the rules, and applicable provisions of the Act and any relevant regulations made there under from time to time. The Royal Opera House shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the raffle and/or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you if you have not complied with the rules. The rules may be amended by the Royal Opera House from time to time.
2.5 This raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the Gamble Aware helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit the website on www.gambleaware.co.uk
2.6 The maximum number of tickets an individual will be permitted to purchase in any one draw is £250
3. Entry into the Raffle
3.1 You can only enter the raffle by the purchase of a ticket which will be sold in a variety of forms from time to time.
3.2 Purchase will require you to provide the following information:
(a) Your name and address, so that we can write to you to confirm your entry into the Raffle and contact you if you have won a prize.
(b) Confirmation that you are over 18 years of age, in order to ensure compliance with the Act.
(c) The number of tickets in the raffle you wish to purchase
3.3 You will also be asked to provide the following information:
(a) Your contact telephone number
(b) Your date of birth
(c) Your mobile phone number
(d) Your email address
3.4 You will also be required to provide relevant payment information relating to the purchase of your tickets. Payment may be made via the following methods and the relevant information will vary depending upon the payment method.
(i) A completed cheque would be required when you enter
(b) Credit/Debit card
(i) Information required will include card number, expiry date and card security number.
(d) Any other made method made available by the Royal Opera House from time to time
3.5 The Royal Opera House shall be entitled to take any steps necessary to verify the above information and to process your entry. The Royal Opera House may (in its absolute discretion) refuse to accept an application for an individual to purchase tickets for the raffle.
3.6 It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate.
3.7 If you know of any error in your name, address or any other details provided to the Royal Opera House as part of your entry you must correct this by notifying the Royal Opera House in writing or by email. The Royal Opera House will make any required corrections as soon as reasonably possible. The Royal Opera House shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the raffle and/or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you until such correction has been made. Any correction notified to the Royal Opera House shall only become effective once the correction has been made.
3.8 Each ticket is numbered and each ticket number is unique.
4.1 Payment for tickets may be made by the following methods:
(b) Credit /Debit card
(d) Any other method made available by the Royal Opera House from time to time
- Payment for tickets are made directly to the Royal Opera House therefore:
(a) Cheques must be made payable to the Royal Opera House Covent Garden Foundation.
(b) Credit/debit card payments will be referenced as Royal Opera House on your card statement.
(c) Cash must be handed to a Royal Opera House approved ticket seller.
(d) Any other method made available by the Royal Opera House from time to time would also be referenced as or be payable to the Royal Opera House on any appropriate documentation.
- The price for each ticket is £25
- Your tickets will not be entered into the Draw unless the Royal Opera House has received all amounts payable (cleared funds) relating to your tickets by the closing date of 31 July 2018. If there is a dispute regarding whether tickets have been paid for then such dispute shall be resolved by reference to details included in official statements from the bank with which the raffle’s bank accounts operate
4.5 You may cancel your entry into the raffle by notifying the Royal Opera House in writing or by email (or via any other methods specified by the Royal Opera House from time to time). Upon receipt of this notice the Royal Opera House will:
(a) In accordance with the Act and as described in Rule 2.3 any payments made prior to such cancellation taking effect ahead of the closing date shall be refunded.
4.6 The Royal Opera House may cancel your entry into the raffle (in its absolute discretion) at any time. The Royal Opera House will notify you accordingly as soon as reasonably practicable and will reimburse any amounts which have been paid but relate to future Draw/s. Other than the reimbursement of any such amounts, the Royal Opera House shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the raffle and/or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you in relation to such cancellation.
4.7 All customer funds are held ahead of the draw in trustee status to maintain a separation from the Royal Opera House’s own trading income to protect those funds in the event of insolvency.
5. Changes to Entrant Details
5.1 Any changes to your details as provided by you upon purchase should be notified to the Royal Opera House in writing or by email.
6.1 The Draw will be run at our Raffle Management Company’s Offices to be held 7 August 2018.
6.2 In order to comply with the Act only those tickets for which payment has been received are eligible for entry into the draw.
7.1 There is one prize which will be issued as follows:
- A two-night stay for two in a Luxury King Room at London’s iconic and glamorous hotel, the Savoy, with pre-dinner cocktails and a three-course dinner in Kaspar’s at The Savoy and breakfast on both mornings;
- Two top-price tickets for an opera or ballet of your choice in the 2018/19 Season, with pre-performance champagne and dining;
- Royal Opera House backstage experience including a private pre-performance backstage tour, and the rare opportunity to be whisked backstage as the curtain goes down and meet the performers as they leave the stage.
- A four night stay in a Luxury View Suite at Monteverdi Tuscany, with flights, accommodation, transfers, breakfast, an Italian cookery class, and a couples’ massage.
- A signed memento from the performance’s cast to help you remember your prize forever.
7.2 All prize details are subject to availability and change. The Royal Opera House reserves the right to amend the prizes at any time. Any such changes will be published on this website at least one month prior to a change being made.
7.3 Each ticket number shall only be entitled to win one prize in the Golden Draw.
7.4 The results of the Golden Draw will be published on the Royal Opera House’s website within one week of the date of the Golden Draw and may also be published in any other manner determined by the Royal Opera House from time to time.
7.5 Winners will be notified by post or telephone within one week of the Draw date.
7.6 The Royal Opera House reserves the right to withhold the distribution of any prize until it is entirely satisfied that the player who has won the prize has fully complied with the rules.
7.7 If, upon winning any prize in the raffle, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 2.1 (a) and (b) above then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
- There are no alternatives to the prize offered.
7.9 Any unclaimed prizes will no longer be eligible after a period of six months has elapsed.
7.10 By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and the Royal Opera House reserves the right to use the name of the winner, their photograph and audio/or visual recordings of them in any publicity unless prior notification has been received.
8. Suspension of the Raffle
The Royal Opera House may (at its absolute discretion) suspend the raffle for any period of time. During such period, the Royal Opera House shall:
- Retain any amounts which were paid prior to such suspension taking effect.
- You will be notified of further details regarding the resumption of the raffle or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable after the date of suspension in writing.
9.1 The Royal Opera House shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from:
(a) Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by the Royal Opera House or you from time to time.
(b) Any delays or failures in any systems used by the Royal Opera House or you to transmit emails.
(c) Any failure in any software or other systems used by the Royal Opera House for the administration of the raffle.
(d) Any delays of failures in the banking system used by the Royal Opera House or you.
(e) Any refusal by the Royal Opera House to accept entry of an individual as an entrant or the cancellation of an entrant by the Royal Opera House.
(f) Any failure to enter your ticket into the draw.
(g) Any event beyond the reasonable control of the Royal Opera House.
9.2 The Royal Opera House shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the raffle (including loss of the opportunity to enter the raffle and/or the ticket of winning a prize).
10. Self Exclusion
- Should you feel that you have issues with gambling and wish to be self-excluded from our raffle please phone our helpline number and request a self-exclusion form.
- There is a minimum period of six months self-exclusion.
- We will not target you with any raffle marketing material during the self-exclusion period and will remove your name and details from any marketing databases used by ourselves.
- If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then please contact Gamble Aware, a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. Gamble Aware can be contacted on 0808 8020 133 (Freephone).
11.1 Any complaints relating to the raffle should be sent in writing to the Royal Opera House, giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
11.2 The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the rules shall be final and binding.
11.3 Save where the rules expressly provide otherwise, the Promoter shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence.
12.1 The Royal Opera House is committed to protecting your privacy. Data that we collect from you when you enter the raffle is used solely for the purpose of processing your purchase of Raffle Tickets, subsequent entry into the Raffle, and informing you if you have won a prize. Your personal data will be shared with the Promoter in order to conduct the raffle. We have entered into a data sharing agreement with the Promoter and obtained undertakings from them that they have adequate systems in place to protect your personal information. We will only contact you by email if, when you purchased your ticket, you provided explicit consent to the Royal Opera House collecting your personal data for marketing and/or fundraising purposes. Please refer to our website (roh.org.uk/policies/privacy) to read the Privacy Notice. The Privacy Notice explains your right to access the information we hold about you and how we collect and use personal information.
13. Proper Law and Jurisdiction
13.1 The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Rules and the Royal Opera House and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
14. Contact Address
All correspondence should be sent to Sacha Glasgow-Smith at Royal Opera House, London WC2E 9DD